PLSS to Latitude and Longitude
Note: Only a Meridian or a County is required, not both.
Note: Fractions are Rare. If in doubt, Leave Fractions Blank
S2 T35N R21W Chisago County, Minnesota
Section 2, Township 35 North, Range 21 West, Fourth Principal Extended
Latitude and Longitude to PLSS
Latitude 37.96197 Longitude -121.81423
Latitude 37° 57' 43" N Longitude 121° 48' 51" W
The Public Land Survey System (PLSS) is the surveying method used in the United States to divide real property.
It is regulated by the Bureau of Land Management (BLM).
Common Names for this System of Land Surveying
- Legal Land Description
- Public Land Survey System
- Rectangular Survey System
- United States Public Land Survey
- Rectangular System of Surveys
- U.S. Government Survey
- Official Government Survey
- Township and Range System
- "According to the Government Survey Thereof"
Principal Meridians and Base Lines
Rectangular Survey System
Township Numbering Diagram
Typical Section Subdivisions
Original T1S R1E Mount Diablo Survey Plat
Becoming a Subscriber